Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Racial Indifference Manifesto: The Greatness of Apathy

America has a troubled history as concerns race.  Many of our states permitted slavery, and even a century after it had been outlawed blacks were badly treated.  Lynchings and thousands of  lesser indignities santioned by government officials either explicitly or, by inaction, implicitly, were the normal course of affairs.

It was terrible and inexcusable.  For what it's worth, like practically every American, I wish it had never happened.

Partially because of this history and partially because it is in the pecuniary interest of a gaggle of victimology peddlers, we are now regularly subjected to the notion that racism is America's Original Sin.  That irrespective of the strides we've made, we're destined to wallow in guilt caused by the inevitable artifacts of our past. 

We're told that the most innocuous utterances are in fact racially tinged "Codewords."   "Codeword" has become codeword for "imagined affront."

"Everything in America is about race, we're told," and we can't deny it.

Well I hereby deny it.

-----

I hereby utter my last apology, accept my last condescending assertion that I "just don't get it," and feel my last scintilla of a whiff of a pang of guilt.  From this day forward, when it comes to Race in America.......

I WON'T CARE.

Wherever there's a hypersenstive grievance hustler hearing codewords for racial invective where it doesn't exist...I WON'T CARE.

Wherever there's a professional offense-taker taking offense at a joke that he deems racially insensitive...I WON'T CARE.

Wherever there's a dimwitted government bureaucrat who doesn't understand that "niggardly" isn't a racial slur...I WON'T CARE.

I WON'T CARE when some Hollywood simpleton, unable to distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants, says those who oppose the latter must all be racists.

I WON'T CARE about cliche-mongering race-baiters discounting achievements by prattling about "white privilege" or "institutional racism."

And when the entire cadre of corrupt, conniving conmen whose livelihoods depend upon keeping minorities convinced of their perpetual victimhood have to get honest jobs for the first times in their wretched, useless lives?  I WON'T CARE.

But I may have trouble stifling a chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment